Saturday, 27 October 2007

Working with glass

For my next project, I decided to work with glass tiles and do something with this old table that has been hanging around in the garage. It has a nice shape and is still in reasonable condition, but it would be nice to do something interesting with the top which is a rather boring beige formica. The legs are wrought iron and just need a bit of new paint.


And here is the first stage done. I've gone for shades of green and something that looks like a leaf - I think it works well. I found the glass tiles quite easy to work with. Have a great glass cutter that works well - managed to cut and shape the tiles quite quickly.


The next step is grouting - after the glue has dried sufficiently. This is the grouting in progress - I decided to go for a dark grey this time.


And here is the finished table - I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I think it's a big improvement on the formica!

and a close up view


Now I just need to paint the legs and we'll be enjoying using the table on the deck this summer :)

No comments: